The Friends of UNCW Board of Directors is a non-profit volunteer board committed to enriching the lives and education of students and UNCW programs. The faculty and staff at UNCW have creative ideas for enhancing educational opportunities, community outreach and research. Through the generosity of our donors, we award annual grants to UNCW faculty and staff that help bring these ideas to life.
JOIN US - EVERY GIFT HELPS!
Your gift to the Friends of UNCW Support Fund will enable us to provide grants to UNCW programs, while also playing an active role in Like No Other: The Campaign for UNCW, leaving a lasting impact on students, alumni and community members. With your help, we can reach our goal of providing grants to areas across campus!
To support our project, we encourage you to make your gift online and immediately be counted toward our total. If you prefer to mail in your gift, please download our gift form. Donors who give $250 or more, will also be recognized as part of the UNCW Society.
Last year, generous donors helped fund 15 grants making a difference for a variety of areas, including:
- A grant to the Betty Holden Stike Education Lab in the Watson College of Education for kitchen classroom supplies that help bring math and reading concepts to life for students through cooking.
- A grant to the Department of English to fund the publishing and printing of the Wilmington Wave, a student run newspaper.
- A grant to the Campus Life & Arts Program to professionally frame student artwork and display pieces throughout the Fisher Student Union.
- A grant to Randall Library to continue their partnership with DC Virgo Preparatory Academy – building a culturally relevant collection of books that cross multiple races, geographic locations and social issues.
- A grant to provide scholarships for students from underrepresented populations to participate in STEM programs through the Jr. Seahawk Academy, as well as green screen kits to allow filming of STEM activities.
- A grant to the MarineQuest Youth Program to purchase a microscope camera used to enhance virtual and in-person programming for students of all ages.
For a full list of grant recipients from last year, please visit our website.
Every dollar raised makes a difference for programs such as these and puts us one step closer toward reaching our goal. Please consider making a gift today to support future opportunities for UNCW students and programs that expand the university's ability to teach, perform research and engage the community.
We greatly appreciate your support!
Koula Katsikis, President & The Friends of UNCW Board of Directors