Brush of Empowerment is UNC Wilmington's only cosmetic student organization with a mission of empowering victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. We are affiliated with a Wilmington-local nonprofit called Operation Pretty Things, who aims to love and support these victims through cosmetics, hygiene items, handwritten notes, and more.
As a relatively new student organization, our possibilities are endless, but we need some help spreading our name and message around campus so that we can recruit new members and continue to make a difference in our community. We believe that there are so many students out there who are interested in our purpose, but they just haven't heard about us yet.
In the past semester, we have...
- Donated over 30 items for Operation Pretty Things' winter cosmetics drive
- Volunteered for events hosted by Operation Pretty Things
- Helped Operation Pretty Things make 350 giftbags which were sent to people in shelters around the east coast
This semester, we will...
- Write as many positive notes as possible, which go into gift bags and are given out by Operation Pretty Things throughout the year
- Discover sustainable makeup brands, techniques and practices with POP
- Support local sustainable cosmetic brands
- Host a drive for Operation Pretty Things' spring cosmetics drive
- Volunteer at the Operation Pretty Things' events
- Host CARE's interpersonal violence educational presentations via zoom
- Host zoom sessions for victims to share their story
These are big accomplishments, but we have much larger goals that we want to accomplish in the future which will require more members. With your donation, we will be able to continue to grow and make a difference in our community by recruiting new members, and we will be able to reward our current and future, hard-working members with t-shirts. Any donation helps bring us one step closer to our goal!
Thank you for your consideration of supporting us!